No one gets anywhere in life without at least a little help. We've gotten to where we are thanks to a little help from our "friends". In this case, those friends are the tools and resources we used to get our financial shit together.
These are our favorite apps, tools, and resources that help us save money, make money, and track our financial progress.
Disclaimer: There are some affiliate links below, but these are all products we highly recommend. We will get paid a commission when you click on any of these links or purchase something through these links. Click here for our full disclaimer.
Along with these resources, check out our freebie resource library here for free printables, checklists, courses and more.
Our favorite apps and tools for budgeting, saving money and cash back:
- Juno: Get help to pay off debt. They use group buying power to negotiate with lenders to get you the best interest rates available on your student loans and refinancing.
- Open a High Yield Savings Account: Earn money on your savings and checking accounts.
- Qube Money: Keep your spending in check.
- Trim: Trim will negotiate your bills for you.
- The GYST (Get Your Shit Together) Printable Bundle: Includes emergency planning sheets, maintenance and cleaning checklists, budget sheets, pay off debt tracker coloring sheets, savings coloring sheets, bullet journal pages, journal prompts, goal setting sheets, meal plans and more.
- Rakuten: Get a $10 bonus with our link and cash back at over 2,500 merchants (online and in-store).
- Ibotta: Another cash back app we like.
The best apps to make money with a side gig, online, or otherwise:
- Rover: Get paid to walk dogs, pet sit, house sit and more. Read our review here.
- Instacart: Get paid as a shopper or driver.
- Steady: An app to browse side gigs in your area.
- Respondent: Get paid for research studies.
- Toluna: Get paid for your opinion and help market research.
- Get the Mini Side Hustle Workbook
Our favorite apps for selling online:
- Shopify: For selling digital products.
- Printify: For selling print on demand products.
- eBay: What we use for flipping various items online.
- Poshmark: Great for designer items, clothes, shoes, and more.
- SidelineSwap: Resell athletic equipment and sporting goods.
- Decluttr: Sell your old electronics. Read our review here.
- Reverb: For selling musical instruments and accessories.
- Mercari: Get a $10 bonus with our link - Great or selling almost anything (great for toys and home/kitchen items).
- Redbubble: Great for selling art, merch, stickers, etc.
Get a Job
These are our favorite sites and platforms to find remote work, freelance work, and all other types of jobs:
- Remote.co: For remote jobs.
- FlexJobs: For remote jobs.
- Indeed: For any job.
- Glassdoor: For any job (great for looking up reviews of company work culture and reported salaries).
- Linkedin: A necessary tool or any job search, outreach, and networking.
- ProBlogger: For freelance writing jobs.
- FreelancerMap: For I.T. focused freelancers.
- Freelancer: For all freelancers.
- Fiverr: For all freelancers.
- Upwork: For all freelancers.
Running a Side Business, Blogging & Design
What we use to run our blog and online business:
- The Mini Side Hustle Starter Workbook: The perfect starting point when starting a side hustle/small business.
- WordPress: The platform we use to run our blog.
- Bluehost: For blog hosting.
- Astra: The theme we use to customize the look at feel (thanks to the amazing designer Kathleen Celmins).
- Canva: To create graphics and designs for several different social media platforms.
- Tailwind: What we use for Pinterest scheduling and analytics.
- Convertkit: For email marketing.
- Quickbooks: For tracking expenses and income.
- The Income Tracker Bundle: For tracking expenses and income in a spreadsheet format.
- Start your side hustle with this ultimate guide
This is what we use to invest and stay on track towards our financial goals: