This page contains affiliate links and we have advertising relationships with the stores and companies in this post.
Most of the general population claims they don't have the time to workout. The only reason they don't have time to workout is because they don't make time to workout. You have to make time to have time. That is if you want to workout. Motivation is also a huge factor to get up and get moving.
What if I told you there are ways to sneak small workouts throughout your day without even noticing you are working out? Well, that is exactly what I am saying. There are so many ways to incorporate activity into your daily routine that will become habit forming and ultimately improve your health and fitness.
Here is a list I compiled of ways for you to sneak in a sweat.
Motivation won't be a problem when it becomes part of your daily habit.
- Stretch first thing when you wake up and before you go to bed.
- Start off your morning with some jumping jacks, push ups or maybe just a walk around the block.
- Crank out a couple squats while in the shower or brushing your teeth.
- Park farther than you need to. This will force you to walk more and burn more calories.
- Take the stairs.
- If your destination is under 1 mile, walk or bike instead of driving. This will burn more calories and save you more of gas and car maintenance costs.
- Take a break to clean your work area and desk. This will improve cleanliness, reduce stress and burn calories.
- Swap out the desk chair for a stability ball. This will burn calories by improving your balance and working your core, all day long.
- Try to work while standing up part of the day. This will burn more calories and be easier on your neck and back.
- Take a daily walk in the middle of your work day. It will decrease stress, improve mindfulness and boost daily calorie burn.
- Reorganize your space.
- Hand wash your dishes.
- Keep a hand weight or resistance band in a drawer near your work space.
- Keep a treadmill, yoga mat, weights and/or resistance bands near your TV. This will motivate you to a couple exercises while watching TV.
- Do sit ups, planks and push ups during commercials. All are great full body exercises.
- When on the phone, walk around or do squats.
- Wake up 20 minutes early or go to bed 20 minutes later and use that time for a small workout. All you need is a couple minutes a day to make a world of a difference.
- When grocery shopping, opt out of the cart and use the basket instead. You will be forced to engage your upper body muscles and turn your shopping trip into a weight lifting workout.
- Take up a new hobby like gardening or renovation for more activity.
- Ditch your car for work days. Instead take your bike on public transportation and only walk or bike throughout your work days. This may take longer but saves more money and forces you to engage in more activity. Trust me, you will feel 100% more alive.